Saturday, April 20, 2013

Initiation

Welcome to my blog. NEVER did I think that I would create a blog, but I am learning to never say NEVER. As I sit here on this Saturday, April 20th, I continue to feel the need to document the process of completing my art work and most of all my thoughts while creating it. I've searched my soul and decided to make a commitment to build a body of work that will one day be cataloged and remembered. I pray that the work I create will touch someone. I've been watching a lot of the "Flip This House" interior/exterior decorating shows that have a million viewers showing "how" the sausage is made. If these shows can change the life of a family and build a community, why can't the art we produce do the same? I feel that as artists we can be so secretive in the creative process, however, the true soul of the piece comes from within the artist. I feel that even if I show my tips or methods the internal thought that jumps from inside me is still uniquely mine. Although I do have a personal and professional Facebook page, a blog really allows you to get your thoughts out. Who knows, one day my memoirs may be placed in a book and given to my wife and son. Even if that is how far that it goes, I am more than satisfied because these words are directly from my own pen. It is my intent to leave a legacy of spiritual foundation, wisdom, love and wealth. If I continue to use my talents and voice I can one day as Erma Bombeck put it, "...stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me."  Below are images from the series of 5 paintings I am currently working on entitled, "Improvisation Quintet" inspired by Roy Hargove's, Strasbourg / St. Denis.
CAN'T FIND MY KEYS

BYRD

RUMBLE IN THE RHYTHM

No comments:

Post a Comment