Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Process

One definition of the word "process" is a systematic series of actions directed to some end. Hmmm. This definition caused me to look up the word "journey" since we use that word so frequently when attempting to describe where we would like to go in our lives. I found, 1. a traveling from one place to another, usually taking a rather long time. 2. passage or progress from one stage to another. Based on those definitions I decided that "process" applies to me. Process spoke to me because it shows you have a sense of where you are going. You are a using a systematically directed approach to reach a goal or end result. In this case my goal is to become a well-established artist with a vast collection of meaningful artwork. I've sold several paintings throughout the years that have gone from my studio to the homes of others; however, there is a hunger for more. I feel that my art work should go on a journey while I work the process. Henry Ward Beecher said it best, "Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures." It's now time to share with the world that which was given freely by God and cultivated by man, ART. So far this month I have submitted a proposal for an artist residency in Houston and a group exhibition in New Orleans. Let the process begin!      

No comments:

Post a Comment